Tuesday

Encourage Learners to Leave Comments

Clarence Fisher, a well known edublogger has spoken about the importance of encouraging students to leave comments:

1.) To let them know they have an audience.
2.) To encourage people to write
3.) To make people think more deeply about an issue

He also suggests using comments starters to help students write comments. With language learners in particular , this can be a particularly useful way of helping students write. Here are his suggestions:

# This made me think about…….
# I wonder why…….
# Your writing made me form an opinion about…….
# This post is relevant because…….
# Your writing made me think that we should…….
# I wish I understood why…….
# This is important because…….
# Another thing to consider is…….
# I can relate to this…….
# This makes me think of…….
# I discovered…….
# I don’t understand…….
# I was reminded that…….
# I found myself wondering…….

No comments: